Matthew Harb, M.D.
Fellowship Trained Orthopaedic Surgeon Hip and Knee Replacement
Dr. Harb specializes in minimally invasive, muscle sparing, hip and knee replacement surgery. Minimally invasive surgery allows patients to recover faster and have less pain post operatively. Implants are tailored and custom fit to each patient to allow for improved performance. Dr. Harb’s expertise in rapid recovery protocols allow for quick recovery after surgery and excellent outcomes in patients with hip and knee arthritis. With minimally invasive, muscle sparing surgery patients can return to their lifestyles and get back to doing the things they love sooner. Dr. Harb performs outpatient joint replacement surgery with many of his patients walking independently and going home the day of surgery.
Dr. Harb received a full academic scholarship and graduated with honors from Louisiana State University for his undergraduate degree. He continued his studies at the LSU School of Medicine where he was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society and received The Nathan Bernstein Scholarship Award for Clinical Excellence. He completed his orthopedic surgery residency in New York City at State University of New York. He pursued further subspecialty training with an adult reconstruction fellowship at the prestigious University of Virginia.
Dr. Harb is actively involved in research regarding joint replacement surgery. He has published numerous peer reviewed journal articles, authored book chapters, and has spoken nationally on topics associated with hip and knee replacements.
In his free time, Dr. Harb enjoys staying active by running, hiking, and spending time outside with his family. He is happily married to his wife, Katie, and they have two children.
“My focus is excellence in patient care, expedited recovery after surgery, and getting people back to the normal activities they love. Our team focused approach is committed to superb outcomes, improving lives, and returning patients to living pain free.”
- Louisiana State University, LA
- State University New York Downstate, NY
- University of Virginia, VA
- United States Medical License
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- The Nathan Bernstein Scholarship Award for Clinical Excellence
- Appointed as Administrative Chief Resident, State University of New York Department of Orthopaedics
- Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society
- Gold Humanism Award for excellence in humanism and teaching
- Multiple peer reviewed publications and published book chapters
- National posters and podium presentations
- Johns Hopkins Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Virginia Hospital Center
Affiliated Surgery Centers
- Capital Orthopaedic Surgery Center
- Massachusetts Avenue Surgery Center